Tuesday, August 31, 2010

That's Mrs. Domestic to you

I have to tell you that life on the road has really prevented me from being the chef and home manager that I would love to be. (Notice I said chef...not Betty Crocker and home manager... not homemaker- get with it it's 2010!) wink. Needless to say, I haven't exactly had time to organize, rearrange furniture, garden, or plan meal time like I would like to. Okay who's kidding who here, the gardening I would fail at even if I had time. But the other three things, I can do!

A good friend of mine (who has an amazing blog), just does this home management thing so well. I am so fascinated by how organized and prepared she always is. Even in my travels, I can always navigate to her blog, MUSES OF MEGRET and find some kind of inspiration. From crafts and activities to life experiences and menus, she just has a way of inspiring you.

One of the things that I have always loved that she does is plan out a weekly menu. This week, I decided to make my list and plan ahead, hoping that it will save our family a little money. I was in doubt a little, but quickly changed my mind when the clerk at the register told me my total. We saved approximately 25.00 just this week alone on groceries, and that does not even include meals we would have had eating out.

I had to share with you tonight's dish- cause it was yummy. This was the first time I have baked my very own homemade pizza. It was an UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME BBQ CHICKEN PIZZAEven my hubby was amazed.
Oh, and my Maddox... completely excited. I had to share this video.


Makes you smile huh?

0 comments:

Post a Comment